Monday, July 03, 2006

Independent

Tonight I asked myself the age old question, "Can one person move a refrigerator?" The answer is - yes. Of course, they put refrigerators on wheels now, so it is not really a fair question. The stove also appeared to be light as a feather. I can tell you that the two hardest things to move are pianos and washing machines. They definitely win in the heavy category. Sofa beds are way up there as well.

Here is what I found underneath the refrigerator:
a pea
a penny
pasta
dust

Here is what I keep finding outside:
spiders - man, do they make my skin crawl. I would like them to be far far far outside my line of sight. Even though they are good, it takes all I have not to scream and run.

I met my neighbor tonight and he told me the good news and the bad news:
the bad news - there is a little entrance between my roof and the attic and he saw wasps flying in there today. Apparently this is not terrible news because it is easy to fix.
the good news - the trees in the back that have grown very bushy and are now blocking my view of Mt. Rainier are community property and we agreed to cut them back this summer - yay, a view of the mountain.

I got a lot of prep work done, but now I am exhausted and ready to fall into bed.

A note on fireworks:
I just moved back here a year and a half ago from Colorado. In Colorado, fireworks are illegal within city limits and in a lot of the surrounding areas because it is so dry and they don't want wildfires to be started. Here, fireworks are completely legal. I love seeing all of the things that people are willing to shoot off overhead. Beautiful. And tonight, they are lighting up the sky.

Happy 4th of July everybody!

No comments: