Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July


I love a holiday in the middle of the week. It makes it feel like I just got another Saturday - which is my favorite day of the week. I am sitting in my office amidst the pops and booms of fireworks exploding all over Bremerton. It is a really cool view.

I took a little time this morning to finish my book at Starbucks and then it was off to painting and primer. It felt like it took forever to cut in the spare room and then my parents brought over lunch, the lawnmower and painting clothes. With their much appreciated help, the spare bedroom is now done, the kitchen has primer on the walls, the closet wall is patched and sealed, the lawn is mowed and watered and all of this by 4:30.

Of course, it wouldn't be the 4th of July without a barbecue and my parents just bought a nice new one, so we headed back to their house to try it out. We had chicken, burgers, hot dogs, vegetables and corn all done on the grill. The vegetables and corn turned out best, but it was quite a feast.

Grandma joined us and then we went over to her house afterward to start sorting through some of the things she is going to get rid of before she moves. Yes, that is right, my grandma is moving. By the grace of God, she sold her house and got into a great independent living place near by. She will have her own apartment, but they provide dinner every day as well as activities and other fun amenities (like a weekly house cleaner). It sounds suspiciously like camp to me and I asked Grandma if I could get an apartment there, but she reminded me that I don't quite meet the age criteria.

So my entire family is in the midst of transition. Robb and Reba are moving into their house next weekend, Hannah is moving fairly soon, Grandma is moving the weekend of the 22nd and I am moving the following weekend. Mom and Dad have promised to hold off on buying a new house until at least August so we can all catch our breath a bit.

I am now going to kick back and watch the fireworks out the window now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clearly, 2006 is a big tansitional year for the Snelling clan! Hopefully, we will at least be in the same time zone soon!