Friday, July 21, 2006

Hot Hot Hot



Business dinners in the 21st century are a little different than they used to be - they are quite informal. I know they still have more formal dinners in New York, but here we like our laid back approach to things. Tonight I dined at the Black Bottle on 1st Ave in Seattle. The food there is all small plates to share and the coctails and wine are quite good. The conversation was interesting - we talked about books and discussed moving and the joy that it brings and we were all finished by 8:30. Perfect.

I got to drive home at my perfect time of day. The sun was just starting to dip behind the mountains when I left Seattle so I got treated to a gorgeous array of blues, purples, oranges and pinks the whole way home. Driving over the Tacoma Narrows was simply stunning. I let out a "wahoo". And I made it home in record time so I can enjoy a few minutes of writing and then go off to a cold bath.

Yes, a cold bath. No one here invests in air conditioning for the 10 days a year that the temperatures top 90 so the best way to get cool is a bath. I'm going to try to finish my book before I fall asleep.

Pleasant dreams and Happy Friday.

No comments: