Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fearless

The house is ready for floor refinishing. There is nothing left on the hardwoods. For the past week or so, I have had a bunch of stuff hanging around - table and chairs in front of the window (for McDonalds/Arby's/Taco Time meals), shop vac, lamp, tool box, step ladder, ladder ladder, drop cloths. Before I got there tonight, my parents cleaned up a major part of it. Then, my friend, Josh, came over and helped me install the shelf in my bedroom closet. Thanks to Josh I now have a very level shelf (thanks, Josh!). While he was there, my electrician, Kelly, came over and installed the outlet for the microwave. So, everything that I wanted to finish before the floors were refinished is pretty well done. I can't wait to see what things look like on Friday.

I've been meaning to write a little about fearlessness for some time. My friend, Joanne, always calls me a fearless knitter because I am not intimidated by new things or new patterns. I've been thinking about this for a while (especially last night when I was putting up blinds). If you don't try things, you never know what you can really do. The worst thing that can happen is that you fail and there is always someone who can fix it - especially on housing projects. So, while things don't always go as smoothly as I wish (see back to my first post about plumbing), I always end up learning something. I get a lot of this thinking from my parents who are fearless about housing projects (Dad) and computers (Mom).

Time for me to take a break from house stuff and pack. I really don't like packing. I'm looking for ways to make it as painless and easy as possible and I am currently considering the option of shoving everything in plastic bags so I won't have to pack and unpack boxes. That's me, fearless, but always looking for the easier way.

Sleep now or forever hold your peace - Happy Tuesday! T-10 and counting til move day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one likes packing. And if they do, they're just plain crazy. (Now liking to label all the boxes with markers that make your head feel a little funny, well...that's a different story and quite alright to like.)