Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Your feet get bigger when you have a baby

I haven't posted anything today because we were really busy. I went out with my dad and my sister and Noah and Thomas for lunch and a quick trip to Costco. Josh stayed home to get a little work done and to prepare for the work he had to do at his old house this afternoon.

After he left to work on that house, I decided that it would be a good time to go through my shoes and get rid of the ones that don't fit anymore. Everyone told me that your feet get bigger when you have a baby - and they did. I can no longer fit into all of my old shoes. So, I did a massive purge. I was really afraid that most of them wouldn't fit anymore and I'd have to go out and buy a lot more shoes (okay, I was kind of looking forward to that part). It turns out that more than half still fit and I have plenty of shoes. I won't say how many I still have because that would reveal the excessive amount of shoes I had.

I also started clearing out the maternity clothes since I reached another milestone today - putting on regular jeans. It was very strange to wear pant without an elastic waistband. And, I wore an actual belt. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but it is nice to be able to wear different clothes.

Now that Josh is home and we have had a little dinner, it must be close to time for sleep, so I will sign off for the day. :)

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Congratulations on getting into your jeans. A milestone day for sure!