Monday, October 20, 2008

The picture says it all

Thomas and I took a nap this afternoon - Joanne and Emily should recognize the quilt :), they gave it to Josh and I when we got married. The traditional wisdom for moms with newborns is that you should sleep when the baby sleeps. I am good at going to sleep at night - Josh says I fall asleep really fast - but, when I wake up between 6 and 7 to feed the baby I usually can't get back to sleep. So, I get up and pump and eat and shower (if I have time). Then, when the baby wakes up again, he is usually awake in the morning. If he sleeps, I catch up on dishes and laundry. But, this afternoon, I realized that I need to be making more of an effort to sleep during the day until Thomas sleeps through the night. It was delicious. It was raining outside and I could hear it beating down on the skylights and it was peaceful and quiet in the house.

Before the big nap, my sister, Reba, and my nephew, Noah, came over for a visit. It was the first time Reba had seen Thomas with his eyes open. Noah got to hold his cousin and then play a little Wii with Uncle Josh.

All in all, it was a great day. Hope yours was good as well.

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Awwwww! So sweet. And more good daddy points for Josh for taking the picture.

We have a new baby too--but she's orange and furry--Emma's little Miss Pumpkin Cat.

Sleep tight!

Joanne