Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mommy and Baby time

Thomas and I took a trip to the mall and the grocery store today. Because Josh took the night shift again, we let him sleep in a completely quiet house. The mall was easy, I just put Thomas in the stroller. The grocery store was harder. I couldn't really shop with the stroller and I didn't want to put him on top of the basket, so I put him in the basket instead. It was interesting to work around the car seat, but it worked out and it made me buy less groceries today.

This afternoon, Thomas' Uncle Jason and Aunt Joanne came by for a visit. They are expecting a cousin for Thomas in March and we found out yesterday that it will be a girl cousin. Finally a niece I can spoil with little girl clothes. They live in Seattle, so we don't get to see them as often as we see the rest of our family now that we don't make the trek to the city on a daily basis. It was great to catch up and hear about their latest news in person.

Tomorrow is a very full day. We will go to church in the morning and out to lunch with my family. In the afternoon, we are expecting a visit from our friends Tom and Margaret. They live on the east side, so it is a little bit of a trip for them. They have 3 kids and we are really looking forward to seeing them.

Okay , true confessions. We watch a lot of TV. And, today, I Tivo'd a bunch of shows like What Not to Wear and Top Design. Too much fun, really. Hope you all are indulging in your own guilty pleasures.

No comments: