Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taking it slow

I've found that the key to getting through the week when Josh is on the road is to take things slow. That is even more important this week as my body is clearly rebelling with a good deal of coughing and an appearance of the throaty voice that often accompanies it. The other key is going to bed as early as possible. Thomas tells us when he is ready to get up in the morning by saying, "I'm awake". This morning that wake up call came at 4:30. I told him it was too early and let him sleep in my bed. Miraculously, he fell asleep again and slept until 6:40. It was awesome. Charlotte got up around 6 so we had some time together to play (which rarely happens). It was a good morning. The only bummer was that we got up too late to Skype with Josh. I'm pretty sure we will get to talk to him tomorrow.

It was a productive day ending in laundry. I've done some informal surveys and everyone agrees that the hard part about laundry is the folding and the putting away. That was what I did tonight, the folding and the putting away. Thomas even managed to help a little bit before he got bored and stopped.

Now I am going to slowly walk over to the cupboard and find a Nyquil. It should make my nightly reading pretty interesting...

No comments: