Monday, March 21, 2011

Is it Monday already?

I should say, I can't believe it is almost Tuesday already. Josh is in Taiwan. He left last night very late and got in this afternoon around 3. I love that technology makes it possible for me to know immediately when he has landed. It is Tuesday in Taiwan and by the time he finishes his work day and gets some food, we will be waking up here. I also love that technology will allow us to video chat in the morning so he can say good morning to the kids. They get a little out of sorts when either one of us leaves. Thomas is now able to process it a little bit more so he will look around and say "Daddy in Taiwan?" or "Daddy go airplane?" and that is fun to see.

Tonight I was really blessed to have my sister, Hannah, up here to hang out with us. She graciously came and took care of the kids since I had a late meeting today. Then she stayed and helped me put the kids in their bath and their beds. We ordered Chinese food and then sat and talked after the kids went to sleep. I really appreciate the adult conversation at the end of the day. And, the kids love her. She is coming back on Wednesday because I have a dinner for work. I am grateful that she lives close enough to be able to do this and that she loves her niece and nephew so much.

I felt like I did not have enough going on this week, so I am also trying to seriously cut down the caffeine. I know this seems like a strange thing to do in the midst of a crazy week, but I have not been able to get my premature ventricular contractions to calm down as much as I would like. Yoga has definitely helped, but without giving up the caffeine, I don't think I'm going to be able to get them to go away. So here I am, 9:00 pm, ready for sleeping. I may try to read a little bit, but I suspect I am not going to last too long. Sweet dreams, everyone.

No comments: