Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grateful for sleeping

I didn't blog last night because I was too tired by the time I got back from a work dinner. Hannah came up again to sit with the kids. They go to bed really easily for her - they know she is not going to fall for any of their tricks. I have been going in there every night and covering them up after they fall asleep. I think it helps them sleep longer, or that could be in my imagination.

We got to Skype with Josh again this morning. The kids were full of energy (meaning there was lots of wiggling) and they are still not quite old enough to understand where Daddy is. Thomas kept trying to poke the screen. Josh is getting on a plane in about 12 hours to come home and I am really looking forward to his return.

We have had two of the most amazing spring days here in Seattle. It was at least 60 both yesterday and today. I was hoping it would last, but the rain clouds rolled in again this evening. The kids have been playing at the park every day and I love that they get to go outside and play (and I am a little jealous - it seems better than sitting in a conference room).

My life at work is full of meetings right now, but I was able to get away a little early tonight. My nanny had to take her son to the doctor and so I got a little extra time with the kids. It was a needed break. I am weary from this cold and it was nice to just hang out with my family and not think about anything for a little while. We have a great view from our apartment and after I put Charlotte to bed, I had my coffee with Thomas on my lap (he was watching Super Why) and I looked out across the lake at Gas Works park and was grateful for the view.

One final note - my friend, Joanne, had surgery today to have her bone flap replaced in her skull. She came through it beautifully and is now recovering in ICU. It was nice to see that things went well. When I visited last weekend, she was very worried about it. She still has work to do on recovery, but yesterday she did some walking. I'm constantly amazed at the healing she has experienced through the grace of God and the prayers of so many people. Grateful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel that she is on a path to recovery.

1 comment:

jangram said...

YIPPPEEEEEE I GET TO SEE YOU AND THOSE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN SOOOOON. so glad Joanne came through well, was thinking/praying for her all day yesterday. This is good news. I'm glad you're back to the blog! :) hugs, - SUNDAY! JAN