Friday, March 11, 2011

Dentists and Doctors

My big girl, pushing a little car
Charlotte leading the way
I spent the day doing necessary things. Going to the dentist, taking Charlotte to the doctor for her 15 month check up. First, Charlotte's stats updated - she is 26.5 lbs and 32 inches tall. She has jumped up to 90th percentile for height and over the last few months she gained 2 inches, but only one pound. She is right on track with her other milestones as well - walking, talking - she showed off her language skills for the doctor. When the doctor came in, Charlotte was sitting on my lap and we were reading a book. She pointed to the book and said "book". I told the doctor that we were wondering if her language skills were where they needed to because we thought Thomas had more words at this point. She laughed at me - very gently. She told me at this point, she just wants to make sure that Charlotte can say "Mommy" and "Daddy". Yeah, I don't know why I worry about this stuff either.

The first part of the day I spent with the dentist. I will not go into extensive detail on this part of my day, just say that 1) I am grateful for nitrous oxide and 2) my face was numb until 4:00 today and 3) I'm glad that it is done. I have terrible teeth and I have to get fillings after every cleaning. After the last one I decided that if I have to go the dentist, I can take the day off.

After all of the rest of the excitement, I packed the kids in the car and we headed down to the ferry to pick up Josh. Right before we left I told the kids we were doing to get Daddy and Charlotte bounced up and down and said, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" - guess that tells you how glad she was that he was coming home. We took the kids to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and now we are all at home together. Tomorrow promises to be a full day - I must remember to take pictures. :)

No comments: