Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Mardi Gras

I am celebrating Mardi Gras tonight by eating the rest of the Girl Scout cookies. I'm enjoying them with a lovely cup of decaf coffee. Yes, I know that is the height of decadence. Tomorrow is the start of Lent and we are giving up sugar (not the kids, just Josh and I). I have squirreled away two boxes of cookies in the freezer to enjoy on Easter. We'll see how well we do at resisting the temptation to break into them early.

I can't believe how fast this year is going by. I keep having all kinds of trouble this week realizing that it is not just March, but a full week into March. Crazy. I started looking at dresses for Charlotte for Easter. We are blessed to get clothes from Charlotte's cousin Catalina as she grows out of them and there is a dress with ladybugs on it that I think will be perfect in about 6 weeks. We are going to see the pediatrician for Charlotte's 15 month appointment on Friday. I'm curious about her weight. As far as I can tell, she is at about 27.5 pounds. That means she will need to go up a clothes size again in just a couple of weeks.

Josh left this morning for a business trip to California. He took a trip at the end of January, so this is my second experience at single parenting. This one doesn't seem so daunting because he will be back on Friday afternoon. And, I'm taking Friday off. And, he didn't leave until today (last time he left on Sunday night). We'll see how it goes. It makes me really appreciate all the times he single parented while I went to New York for my job. He is also going to take care of the kids next week while I go to Colorado to see Joanne and go to the worship service they are having for her. Her recovery is amazing and I can't wait to celebrate with some of the people that have been praying for her.

My final confession is that it is 8:00 and I have already retired for the evening. I have big plans to do some reading and then get some sleep before the early morning wake up call. Sleep well!

No comments: