Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Joanne!

Joanne loves charm bracelets and inspired me to get one - I wear it every day. It has two charms, one for my daughter and one for my son. I hope to add more in the future. My kids love the bracelet and play with it and like to hear the music that it makes when I shake my wrist.
It is Joanne Heim's birthday today. Joanne and I have been friends for almost 20 years now. We met in college when she was the Editor of the newspaper and I was on the student council. She let me write editorials every once in a while and then made me sound smarter by editing them. After college we stayed in touch over phone and eventually e-mail and visits to Colorado. In 1998, shortly after Audrey was born, I moved to Colorado Springs and we got to hang out in person for 5 years, doing puzzles, knitting, teaching Bible study and much eating. Since 2004, we have had many girls knitting weekends, in San Diego, Colorado and Bremerton. Joanne also came to celebrate my wedding in 2007. She brought me so many great gifts, including a fun zipper bag filled with wedding essentials like Kleenex, safety pins, nail files and mints. She has always been a great friend to me and I love her dearly.

Happy Birthday Joanne - may your day be restful and fun, may you have cake and many many fun presents!

No comments: