Thursday, June 15, 2006

What are you reading?

Okay, I can't be a real book nerd if I don't tell you what I'm reading -

Current book:
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich - it is hilarious as usual and a real treat at the end of the day.

The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dahlquist - A big book that will pub this fall. It is big - 700 pages and I am savoring it 50 pages at a time.

What I'm going to read on vacation:

The Places in Between by Rory Stewart - the author walked across Afghanistan after the Taliban fell and recounts his encounters with the people there and the history of the country.

The Hard Way by Lee Child - for entertainment and love of the crime thriller

Lisey's Story by Stephen King - I loved The Cell for the pure, horror aspect. This one is more literary and also coming out in the fall

I just finished:
Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal - the author is obsessed with lists, and categorizing things and she has a great, whimsical way of looking at life that I enjoyed.

What are you reading?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Happy Hollisters! Did you read these as a kid? I didn't, but they are so fun and happy and innocent. I'm hooked and am spending time on ebay looking for vintage copies.