Saturday, June 24, 2006

From the Eastern side of the State

We traveled far and wide to reach Spokane today. We make most of the drive today so that we can do all of the fun stuff tomorrow (go to Safeway and Costco) before heading up to Priest Lake. I already feel like a completely different person. I turned off all of my devices (blackberry, laptop) and just enjoyed the drive today. It seemed to fly by.

My family is funny about certain things. One of the things we highly value is "making good time". Today we really did make good time, but it always seems funny to me that we obsess over these small things.

I am slowly working my way through the stack of books. Testing them out and trying to decide what to read. I started off with The Littlest Hitler, a book of short stories by Ryan Boudinot. I am really enjoying the sentences and the little bits of humor. The stories are a little bit twisted which makes them very interesting.

So sleepy. Going off to bed. Tomorrow I hope to be able to post pictures from the journey.

No comments: