Sunday, January 06, 2008

Game Day


I almost got home in time to get this post in on Saturday. We headed off to the Seahawks game at 11 this morning and got there around 12:30. We headed to our seats way up in the upper deck and found we had a great view of the field. They say there are no bad seats at Qwest field and we have always agreed. The game was great! There were a lot of nail biting moments and some rare moments of humor. In the end, the Seahawks won the game 35-14. I can't accurately describe the energy and noise of the game so I will just say that I am definitely hoarse and tired.

After the game, we went over to Jason and Joanne's. Josh's parents had also come over on a rare day off to watch the game at home with them and to bring them Rock Band for their Xbox 360. Needless to say, we had to give the game a try, so Mike and Jason and Josh formed a band. After complaining of intense hunger, we were finally able to pry them away from the game long enough to go to dinner. We returned to Jason and Joanne's following a lovely meal at Applebees and played our new, favorite game, Carcassonne.

What a great day. I am off to bed now so I can get up in the morning and wait for the new refrigerator - YAY. They are coming between 9 and 11 so I better get some sleep. Best of happy game days to you.

2 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Oh my goodness...look at all these blog posts! I love it! (And I"m sure your mom and Hannah are happy too.)

Happy new fridge--what kind did you get?

We're home for the morning. There's a guest preacher at church (the past few haven't been great) and it's the last day of vacation and Toben leaves for Phoenix in the morning. So we're hanging out in our jammies.

Love you!
Joanne

Joanne said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for coming over and hanging with us after the game! :)