Thursday, January 03, 2008

Day two

I'm well on my way to knowing how much I don't know. I met with mostly technical people today and learned a ton. I love that I get to learn a new business. Way too much fun.

We stopped for dinner on the way home and then listened to all of NPR's coverage of the Iowa caucus. It was interesting to hear all the results and the speeches from all the candidates. I am curious to see how things end up this year. The last couple of elections have been disappointing so I am looking forward to an interesting year of campaigning.

One campaign I am really interested in is the organization that is raising money to light the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. We drive over the Narrows every night and during the construction of the new bridge, there were lights and it was so pretty to see them as you pull around the corner and cross the water. Tonight we were noticing how dark it is as you drive on to the bridge. It would be nice to see the lights again.

I have been doing all kinds of administrative things since we got home. I rescheduled the refrigerator delivery for Sunday and then filled out all of our rebate paperwork and paid a bill. Now I can make lunch for tomorrow and get to bed. I have found that I am TIRED this week from going back to work and trying to learn a lot of new stuff. Happy almost Friday!

No comments: