Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We got our new car!

The Volkswagen dealer called yesterday to tell us that our new car had finally arrived. We ordered it in July and we were not quite sure when it would get here. It is a 2009 Jetta Wagon. We had been waiting for the 2009s to come out because VW is finally doing diesel Jettas again. Although diesel costs about 85 cents a gallon more than gas, we expect to get much better fuel economy. I took it out this morning and for the whole trip I got 38.5 miles to the gallon. Not bad. We were also excited to get it because we expected that Thomas would fit in there a little better than in the sedan and he does. So now we have our "family" car. So far we love it.

This morning, Thomas and I went to the La Leche League meeting. For those of you who don't know, LLL is an international organization dedicated to the support and education of breastfeeding moms. They have a monthly meeting on Bainbridge Island and there were women there from all over the Kitsap Peninsula. My friend, Sara, invited me to come with her and I was glad I had someone I knew there. They also have a smaller group for new moms that meets weekly and I am going to join them for the rest of my maternity leave. It is always nice to have a group of other new moms to meet with and share information. I am lucky because Josh is here all day with me so I have someone else to talk to all the time. But, it is nice to have an outing and it gives Josh a chance to get some work done without Thomas and I distracting him.

In other news, we are putting one of our houses back on the market. Josh met with our realtor while I was out and got all the paperwork done. It will be for sale again starting on Monday. We would appreciate your prayers that it will sell quickly and with no weird conditions. After all we have been through with our houses, we still have hope that we can sell it soon. It is in a great area and there aren't that many other houses for sale there so we are really hoping that this will go well.

Okay, I'm off to nap - or read my book, can't quite decide.

No comments: