Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Last night, we headed over to Seattle (well, Tukwila really) to pick up Josh's cousin, Joey, from the airport. Joey is here from LA visiting us for the week. We went with Josh's parents and his brother, Jason, to dinner. Here is Josh, feeding his son in the restaurant:

And, Uncle Jason feeding Thomas as well. Thomas was fed by lots of us at the table. I find that the bottle is nice because it allows everyone to get involved in the process. I really enjoy the time when I get to feed Thomas and it is nice to share that experience.

Thomas was uncomfortable all day yesterday. I hate to describe him as fussy because he is so mellow. Fussy for him means a little cry here and there. I knew he was uncomfortable because he was so wiggly and the noises he made indicated some discomfort. He ate like crazy all day and Josh suggested he might be having a growth spurt. It is the right time for it - generally babies go through growth spurts at 3 and 6 weeks and then 3 months, 6 months, 9 months. I have noticed in the last week how much bigger he looks.

We were at the restaurant until 9 or so and he got pretty fussy at the end. Lately, he has been fighting off sleep instead of just dropping off. I took him and rocked him a little and he went to sleep in about 2 minutes. He must have been really tired because he slept until 2 am! It was great. We are working on stretching out those long sleeps and getting them to go from 11 to 4 or 5, but I'm not complaining. Any time I get 4 hours of sleep in a row I am happy.

Here is a current picture of Thomas, sleeping away the morning:

Happy Election Day everyone. Remember, this little guy is going to be voting in 2026 :)

No comments: