Saturday, August 05, 2006

Washing Machine


One of the joys of having an old house is that hooking everything up here involves a lot of time, patience and wrenches. Fortunately, Josh was able to get the hoses hooked up and I now have a functioning washing machine. Okay, almost. Everything works, but the drain is currently a little overtaxed which means it is time to get the plumber back out here to install a new utility sink. Otherwise, I have to wait 24 hours between loads for the sink to drain.

I got a lot of pictures hung and some books unpacked and I put a lot of stuff in storage this morning. Things are starting to come together, so maybe there will be more pictures tomorrow.

The rest of the day was reserved for sun and fun and it was a beautiful day here - 81 and sunny. Sorry to all my friends who are suffering through the record temperatures everywhere else. It is time for all of you to move to Seattle.
I love Saturdays.

No comments: