Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I am still alive

Just so nobody thinks I dropped off the face of the Earth, I am writing to say I am still alive. Right now, we are doing budgets at work. This means that I am poring over spreadsheets all day long and by the time I get home, I no longer wish to look at a computer screen.

I love budgets, I really do. When I first moved to Seattle, I intentionally took a job that had no budgeting responsibility (after 5 years, I needed a break). My hiatus did not last too long and now I am back into the fun part of planning for the year ahead. When I was a child, this was not what I imagined I would be doing with my life. But, to be fair, when I was a child, I had absolutely not idea what I would be doing with my life. (See, all of this craziness comes from staring at spreadsheets).

I took a break last night and did some shopping. I have a business trip to NYC in a couple of weeks and I am trying to find good clothes for my meetings. It was much needed retail therapy. I liked it so much, I think I am going to do it again tomorrow night.

But for tonight, more budgets. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to let me give you some cool places to go in the city before you leave!!

COrealtor said...

hmmmm...budgets. I think budgets were the root of some of our arguments at work....