Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The snow has materialized

We have been promised snow for the past several days, but it did not show up in force until today. In case you think snow is a pretty normal thing in winter, I should explain that snow in Seattle is an EVENT. For those of us who have lived in places with real snow (like Colorado or New York), it is pretty amusing to watch. First, there are the dire news predictions, followed by general states of panic and canceling of events and finally the promised snow - usually around an inch. I shouldn't poke too much fun - there is likely to be more snow than that tonight and the real danger is that we don't have a lot of experienced snow drivers here so it is a good idea to stay off the roads...

What I am really wishing for is a fireplace. It is really lovely to look out the window and see the snow falling. I'm also happy because I don't have very far to go to get to work.

No comments: