Thursday, February 24, 2011

The best laid plans

I had a big plan to actually use pictures in the blog tonight, so I took pictures today of our "snow" (we are near Lake Union, so we didn't get any accumulation) and I took pictures of my busy babies and then realized that a) I don't have the right cord to get the pictures off my camera and b) the SD card reader I use in these cases is also in Bremerton. I laughed at my lack of preparation and now I am going to move on.

We are in a season where the kids get up really early. Like this morning when Charlotte woke up at 3:45 and Josh brought her into our room. As soon as she quieted down a little and I was drifting off, Thomas woke up (4:15). It didn't take me very long to get him settle back down in his bed. As soon as I started drifting off again, Charlotte woke up - this time for good (4:50). So I brought her out to the living room and we relaxed together for a while. Thomas actually slept until almost 6. Which was about the time I needed to throw on my sneakers and head to the gym. We have tried everything we can to fix this and have come to the conclusion that it will pass. Charlotte is teething and Thomas is 2 and they will get older and need more sleep. So, for now, we survive this by going to bed early.

We have been graced with visitors this week. My sister, Rebecca, is taking a class here so she is bunking up with our kids. And, tonight, Josh's dad, Mike, and our friend, Ray, came over for dinner. It was so nice to have a lot of people in the apartment. It is usually just me and the kids until Josh gets home from work and it was nice to have people here - the kids loved it too!

We have no big plans for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with the family and relaxing.

No comments: