Friday, April 29, 2011

Grateful for McDonald's

I haven't posted for a while because I want to upload my photos from last weekend, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm going to do it this weekend when I get a chance, but I thought an update would be good.

Tonight I am grateful for McDonald's. We normally come home together as a family on Friday nights, but we had an extra car in Seattle this week and Josh needed to finish up some stuff in the office before he leaves for Taiwan on Sunday night. So, I packed the kids in the car and started the trek home, but planned to stop in Gig Harbor with the kids for dinner at McDonald's. We have never done this before, but it was a great time for the kids. They have a really good indoor playground there and the kids had a blast. It was a nice way to end the week.

Thomas has taken to getting out of bed frequently at night before he finally goes to sleep. Just now he showed up in our room to tell us that he had lost his blinky light. He also is our greeter in the morning. When he first started coming over in the morning, he would just want us to get up and feed him. Now he gets in and falls back asleep. Since he tends to get up around 5:30, I am grateful that we now get a little extra sleep, even it if is with a squirmy child. (He just came down again to tell us that there is a string on his sock.)

Charlotte has discovered a deep love of candy thanks to Easter. She would like it morning noon and night. We have decided that she cannot have it every day, even though it will take a year to get through her candy from her Easter basket. She is also learning a bunch of words and starting to put them together which is great. She is also at that stage where she is unafraid. She would like her daddy to throw her in the air over and over again.

Tomorrow we have a full day - getting the car fixed, ice skating lessons and a likely trip to Costco. I'm really looking forward to being with the family all day. After working all week, I really appreciate seeing them on the weekends.

No comments: