Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update on Lent

I haven't written too much about giving up sweets for Lent. I have not had too much trouble except for one mental lapse where I just ate the ice cream that was put in front of me without thinking about it.

Here is what I have learned:
1. The Girl Scouts should not sell cookies during or right before Lent. I have two boxes in my freezer, but it was mean, just mean to see them continuing to sell them.
2. Sometimes fruit is better than cookies or candy.
3. Everyone keeps assuring them that morning doughnuts make them feel bad (as in sick). I try to take comfort in that, but they really look good.
4. I don't miss chocolate nearly as much as I thought I would.
5. It is easier to give up if it is not in the house.

There is one more week left until Easter. I will continue to keep more fruit and less cake as a way of life. But, I am looking forward to at least a little dessert every once in a while.

No comments: