Sunday, August 30, 2009

Busy weekend

We had a great, busy weekend and I don't have any pictures to post because Josh took all the good ones. However! He has finally updated his blog - mostly with pictures and a little commentary here and there, but it is great to see the pictures. Check it out here: The Daily Thomas.

We went to the fair yesterday with my parents and Thomas' cousins, Jacob, Jonah and Noah. I thought Thomas would enjoy some of the little kid rides, but he didn't really care about them. We'll have to see how he feels next summer.

Josh and I had signed up to supervise in the church nursery this morning. We picked the noon service - so we only had 3 kids (including Thomas). It went way better than I thought it would. We had no crying kids and it was fun to see them playing together. By the end all of the kids were starving and we had fun feeding them Cheerios and Animal Crackers.

We also managed to get in a trip to Target and one to Safeway, I made more zucchini bread (we can't get enough and have many more zucchini to eat from our garden) and I tackled a big project that I have been wanting to do for a long time.

I have been meaning to put away the clothes that Thomas has grown out of and my sister in law provided the perfect motivation - she gave me all the clothes that her baby girl has outgrown. I went back and got out all of Thomas' old clothes and decided what we could use that he wore. Some of the stuff was just really too 'boy', but some will work.

So I got all of the clothes organized and put away. We are really grateful for all of the clothes that we have for Charlotte. It was so fun to see them and imagine what it will like to have a girl join our family.

The other big Thomas milestone is that on Friday he stood up without using anything to pull himself up. Josh said he just did it, like he has always known how to stand up. He now stands up and starts walking around the room. He is still a little wobbly and he crashes, but he is well on his way to being a championship walker. I can't believe our little boy is so big. I love him so much and we are really enjoying seeing him grow up.

No comments: