Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Pictures

We had a such a good time on Christmas that I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I had. Robb and Reba have a lot more on their blog as well.


Thomas decided that we had too many presents to open. Exhausting :) Seriously, I thought this picture summed it up the best - we were all in the room laughing and opening of gifts and Thomas took a little snooze.

Thomas decided that Christmas would be the right day to start sitting up. He was on Josh's lap and he just leaned forward to grab something in front of him. Above, he is enjoying a gift that his cousin, Jacob gave him - a Kindergarten workbook. While it was a little over his head, Thomas enjoyed the pictures and was pointing at them and trying to turn the pages of the book.


In honor of my grandmother, I took this picture of the table on Christmas Eve. She always took a picture of the table before we sat down to eat on holidays. She passed away in June and I really missed her this Christmas. She loved the holidays and always gave us many gifts, from cool flashlights to socks and scarves and gloves. She really wanted to make it special for us every year. We got to spend some time talking about her on Christmas and it was nice to remember all the great things about her.


Thomas loves his Aunt Hannah.

He really loves all of his family. We are very blessed to have some many great people in our lives. We were able to see both my family and Josh's family on Christmas day. I was afraid that it was going to be hard for Thomas to have so much stimulation in one day, but he did really well. He has started going to sleep a little earlier at night - between 8:30 and 10 and sleeping until 5 or 5:30. We are really enjoying the extra sleep - just in time for me to go back to work. I have one more week of maternity leave.

At the beginning of my leave, I couldn't imagine going back to work. Now it doesn't seem as crazy. Josh is such a great dad and Thomas loves hanging out with him. I will miss them both all day long, but it is cool to know that they will be together.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

No comments: