Thursday, January 29, 2009

Obsessed with lists this week

My sister Hannah just put up this list on her blog from a list posted by my friend Joanne and and it inspired me...

Have you had - 100 things to experience in your lifetime
1. Started your own blog
Yep, here it is
2. Slept under the stars
Yes, more than once
3. Played in a band
Tacks to Girls! I played the bass.

4. Visited Hawaii
More than once :)
5. Watched a meteor shower
I've seen a couple
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
Hmm, more than I can afford? Hard to decide.
7. Been to Disneyland/World
Both! Disneyland many times
8. Climbed a mountain
Um, no.
9. Held a praying mantis
Not likely to happen
10. Sang a solo
Not for a long, long time, but definitely in the far distant past.
11. Bungee jumped
I would love to, but I've never quite had the nerve
12. Visited Paris
Twice!
13. Watched a lightning storm
In Texas, Colorado and Washington. The Texas ones were the best.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
Knitting!
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
Never!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
I've only seen it from Battery Park
18. Grown your own vegetables
On my counter :)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
Yes, it is very small and behind a lot of glass
20. Slept on an overnight train
Yes! From Florence to Paris.

21. Had a pillow fight
Only as a teenager
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
Yes, although we call that a mental health day
24. Built a snow fort
No, although I have built a snow man
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
Never!
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

Nope, didn't get to Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
As a little kid
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
Every day right now
31. Hit a home run
Does T Ball count?
32. Been on a cruise
On the Bateaux Mouche? Never a cruise where you sleep on the boat
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
From the Canada side
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Where would that be? I've been to Chicago and San Francisco where my parents were born.
35. Seen an Amish community
Yes!
36. Taught yourself a new language
Not taugh myself
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
Yes, a nice feeling
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
Yes - it was really interesting and of course we did the photo where it looks like you are holding it up.
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
Yes - It was a lot bigger than I expected

I think the problem is that the 25 Random Things are going around Facebook. I like this much better. Filling in things is a little easier than coming up with 25 things.

Baby asleep - time for bed!

No comments: