Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are you going to have another baby?

We had a great (and busy) Christmas. The kids are so blessed to be around so much family. They got great toys, but the best part was spending so much time together. I keep meaning to get all of my pictures downloaded, but I have been distracted by things like feeding the baby and hanging out with family. I will get it done in the next couple of days...

One question that came up a lot over the holiday from many family members is "Are you going to have another baby?" I should say up front that I am sort of used to people asking questions like this. From the minute Josh and I got married we got the "when are you going to have a baby?" question. That one was harder because it took us a little time time get pregnant because I am of advanced maternal age (yes, this is a real designation - it means the mother is over 35).

Okay, so here is the ambiguous answer to the question - we don't know. We are definitely going to take a little time off from pregnancy (or rather, I am going to take a little time off from pregnancy). I would also like to get to a point where we have at least one child out of diapers and possibly speaking intelligible sentences. Right now, we love our little family and find our children to be perfect (well, not perfect, but perfect for us). We are having so much fun with Thomas and Charlotte is definitely our little love bug. As for the future - only God knows. :)

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I've been getting the same question - my answer is, "Man, kids are expensive - do you know how much daycare costs?!" In all seriousness, we're in the same "not sure" boat. You'd think people would give at least a couple months of down time before asking you about that. ;)